Interpreting Specific to Mental Health
Review and Discussion Forums
In the following sections, review the resources provided and participate in a dialogue about your thoughts, questions and observations. How could these areas of interest provide advancement in the field of practice for Interpreters?
If there is not a specific guiding question posted, then consider the following questions when reviewing the articles?
- What is new learning from this resource?
- How can I use this resource to advocate for the interpreting profession?
- Do I disagree with anything in this resource?
- In what stage of my career is this information most valuable?
- What is my biggest take-away after reviewing this information?
In this section we will cover the following areas of practice: Challenges of interpreting in mental health settings, working as part of a team in mental health, group therapy, multicultural considerations, countertransference, glossary and terminology.