Considerations for Professional Interpreters
Review and Discussion Forums
In the following sections, review the resources provided and participate in a diagloge about your thoughts, questions and observations. How could these areas of interest provide advancement in the feild of practice for Interpreters?
If a specific question isn't posted, consider the following questions when reviewing the articles?
- What is new learning from this resource?
- How can I use this resource to advocate for the interpreting profession?
- Do I disagree with anything in this resource?
- In what stage of my career is this information most valuable?
- What is my biggest take-away after reviewing this information?
In this section we will cover the following areas of practice: debriefing, mentoring and supervision, working with Deaf Interpreters, Vicarious Trauma and compassion fatigue, self-care, occupational health and safety, Demand-Control Schema and Ethics.